The Southern California Chapter of Sister Cities International is heading to the desert.
- Coffee & Pastries
- Mayor’s Welcome
- Introductions of SoCal Sister City Board Members & Visitors
- Palm Desert Sister Cities Program Background and Highlights, with emphasis on Impacting Young Leadership
- Palm Desert Sister Cities Special Focus items: Youth Leadership Summit (Clare Kim); Art, Culture, and Education (TBA); The Everest Project (Mark Talboys)
- Sister Schools Panel: Kathleen Kelly (moderator) Mark Talboys (PDSCF staff), Melody Hirayama (Young Professionals Committee), Anthony Al-Jamie (SoCal Sister Cities President) Polly Yu (Carlsbad Sister City Ambassadors)
- SoCal Sister Cities Announcements
- Networking lunch, browsing display tables, etc.
- Quarterly Board Meeting of Sister Cities International Southern California Chapter. Agenda To Be Announced.
Palm Desert Sister Cities Foundation
Is hosting the Southern California Sister Cities Quarterly Meeting
November 4, 2017 – 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
at the CSUSB PALM DESERT CAMPUS – 37500 Cook Street, Palm Desert, CA
From I-10 East or West exit, Cook St, turn south toward town, left at the light on Berger Drive (west) …Open Parking at CSUSB
9:00 am Coffee and Pastries enter IW Theater northside
9:30 am to 2:30 pm Table Displays and SoCal Quarterly Meeting
Building # 120 across the walkway
Working Lunch delivered for $15 cash or check at registration
SPENDING THE WEEKEND IN PALM DESERT?
Special Discount Hotel Rates at The Fairfield Hotel, 74-764 Technology Drive, Palm Desert
Phone: 760-636-1300 & mention “Sister Cities” for discount nightly rate of $121 for King Bed, or $137 for two Queen Beds, including breakfast. Discount rate applies for November 4th, plus night before &/or night after, if desired. The Fairfield General Manager is Joseph Comage if you have any problems or questions.
A few recommended restaurants:
- Bucatini Trattoria – Lunch/Dinner. $$ Italian. 36-901 Cook Street
- City Wok – Lunch/Dinner. $ Chinese. 74-970 Country Club Drive, Desert Springs Marketplace
- Cork Tree Fine Dining – Dinner only. $$$
- Desert Willow Clubhouse – Breakfast/Lunch. $$ American. 38-995 Desert Willow Drive
- JT’s Diner – Breakfast/Lunch. $ American. 37-011 Cook Street, #107
- Pueblo Viejo Grill – Lunch/Dinner. $ Mexican. 36-901 Cook Street, Suite 3
- Roc’s Firehouse Grille – Lunch/Dinner. $ American. 36-891 Cook Street
- Towne Center Café – Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner. $ American. 44-491 Town Center Way
Points of Interest:
- The Living Desert
- El Paseo Art Tour
- Palm Desert Civic Center, complex that includes the Holocaust Memorial and Aquatic Center
- Sunnylands – Historical Annenberg Estate open to the public. (sunnylands.org)
- Palm Springs Aerial Tramway
- Palm Springs Air Museum
- Palm Springs Museum in Palm Desert (and the main one in Palm Springs)
- College of the Desert, and its libraries
Need additional information? Contact Charles Riggs at 760/534-2520 or email at email@example.com